Accidents can be overwhelming and we’re here to help and make the process simple. Don’t waste time with other body shops. Call us first at (404) 732-5323.
Involved in an Accident?
- Get Necessary Medical Care.
- Inform Your Insurance Company.
- Write Down The Names, Addresses & License Numbers Of Everyone Involved, Including Witnesses.
- Do Not Admit Fault. Do Not Discuss The Accident With Anyone Except The Police And The Insurance Companies Involved.
- Take Pictures With A Disposable Camera Only. If No Camera Is Available, Draw Out The Accident & Cross Streets.
- Keep Emotions Calm And Stay Put.
- Call Outback Body Shop So We Can Make Arrangements To Correct The Damage To Your Vehicle.
What You Should Know
- Your car is the second largest investment you’re likely to make. Preserve its value and your safety by having it repaired professionally.
- Never drive a car that could be unsafe because of damages.
- Some insurance companies may want you to visit their drive-in claims center before having you car repaired. You can do this, or you may leave your car at your collision repair shop and ask that the insurance company inspect the car there.
- You are not required by law to obtain more than one estimate or appraisal.
- You have the right to go to the repair shop of your choice. Your insurance company can recommend a list of shops if you are undecided.
- Differences in repair estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all necessary work. If you’re not sure why one estimate is different from another you’ve received, ask the shop manager to explain it to you.
- Ask if the shop will be using genuine manufacturer (OEM) replacement parts.
- Ask if the shop offers a repair warranty.